Google Search - Short Term Memory Problems


One of the first signs of dementia is short term memory loss. Alzheimer's is the most common form of dementia; and, a cause of short term memory problems.

Short Term Memory Problems

One night I was having an interesting conversation at the dinner table with my mother. She had just finished eating a small steak, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. The conversation turned to south Philadelphia the place where my mother was born (1916) and raised.

I asked her, where did you go to first grade? She answered without hesitation, Saint Monica's. My mother attended Saint Monica's in the 1920s.

Later in the conversation, and with her dinner plate sitting directly in front of her, my mother asked, are we going to eat today? She had forgotten that she just ate.

A recent search of Google for these keywords,

Short Term Memory Problems

prompted this article from the
Alzheimer's Reading Room


No comments:

Post a Comment