You Learn Something New Every Day as an Alzheimer's Caregiver


You learn something new almost every day when you are an Alzheimer's caregiver. This happens because there is so much to learn and you can't learn it all at once.

By +Bob DeMarco
+Alzheimer's Reading Room 


You Learn Something New Every Day as an Alzheimer's Caregiver
For me, part of the process of becoming an effective Alzheimer's caregiver occurred because I learned, over and over, that my mother, Dotty, was capable of more than I could imagine. She constantly surprised me by what she could do.

The first time I realized that Dotty was capable of more than I could imagine happened when I took her into the gym for the first time when she was 88 years old.Imagine, Dotty had never been in a gym in her life before we started exercising together.

I learned Dotty was capable of more when she started working out on the exercise machines. This first happened when Dotty jumped on an exercise machine and started doing a chest exercise. She did this oh her own while I was talking to someone.




No comments:

Post a Comment