My Hospice Care Decision for Dotty


My Hospice Care Decision  for Dotty
Let me start by saying that I had a crystal clear understanding of the types of care that Dotty wanted at the end of her life. We had these discussion more than 20 years prior to her death.

Dotty did not want to be resuscitated, put on an machines that prolonged her life for weeks or even days, and she did not want her life extended artificially.

I had an advance directive, and Power of Attorney, that gave me the legal power to make decisions concerning Dotty's end of life care. Or, for any care decision she could not make on her own. These documents were signed and executed well in advance. 

Dotty's clear wish was to die at home and she wanted Hospice and Palliative care.


_________________________________________________
Related Content
_________________________________________________


Bob DeMarco
Bob DeMarco is the Founder and Editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room. Bob is a recognized Influencer, speaker, and expert in the Alzheimer's and Dementia Community Worldwide. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, I Am an Alzheimer's Caregiver

No comments:

Post a Comment