Learning How to Communicate with Someone


As I thought about this I came to a simple conclusion. Instead of trying to change Alzheimer's World, instead of trying to fight Alzheimer's World, not only would I accept Alzheimer's World as a reality, I would go into Alzheimer's World and learn how to communicate effectively...

A person suffering from Alzheimer's disease can hear you and even respond to you. What they can't do is remember what the hell you just said. Well, in layman's terms anyway.
I grappled with this problem several years ago as I was constructing my own understanding of how Dotty was thinking (or not thinking) and feeling. I named the parallel universe that Dotty lives in -- Alzheimer's World.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Read more at www.alzheimersreadingroom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment