Alzheimer's--Feeling Abandoned?


You should consider asking your parent(s) if they are lonely.

FEELING ABANDONED?

New research suggests lonely people are at greater risk of developing dementia. Seniors who scored high on the loneliness quiz agreed with three or more of the following scenarios:

• I experience a general sense of emptiness.

• I miss having people around.

• I feel like I don't have enough friends.

• I often feel abandoned.

• I miss having really good friends.

Source: Robert Wilson at the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago
More from the Alzheimer's Reading Room



Bob DeMarco is an Alzheimer's caregiver and editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room. The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the number one website on the Internet for advice and insight into Alzheimer's disease. Bob taught at the University of Georgia, was an executive at Bear Stearns, the CEO of IP Group, and is a mentor. He has written more than 700 articles with more than 18,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment